Owned, managed and operated by an all-Asian team, ARCH Capital brings together experienced investment professionals with extensive backgrounds to deliver best-of-class in:
- Principal investment and fund management
- Project management, planning and execution
- Relationship building
- International-standard investment underwriting and execution
- Best practices corporate governance
- Fund reporting and accounting
* Click the thumbnails to learn more about our key management team.
Chief Executive Officer & Chief Investment Officer, Portfolio Manager
- Over 24 years of experience in the Asian real estate industry;
- Former Director of Investment of AIG Global Real Estate for 7 years;
- Managed a portfolio of real estate of over US$6.0 billion, including over US$3.0 billion of new investments in Asia;
- 10 years at Citigroup (Real Estate and Asian Debt Capital Markets);
- Experience spans real estate investment, property development, project management, banking and capital markets, corporate finance/M&A and regional REIT structuring and securitizations;
- MBA and Bachelor Degrees in Structural Engineering, from the University of British Columbia, Canada; and
- Member of the Investment Committee, Boards of ARCH and the General Partner and Compliance & Audit Committee.
- Principal architect behind the 2006 formation of the ARCH Capital joint venture;
- Former Partner of TRG with responsibilities for overseeing the activities of ARCH and other TRG activities in Asia;
- 15-year career with Ayala Group in various senior positions including Senior Managing Director and member of Group Management Committee and President and CEO of Ayala International (Singapore) with responsibility for Ayala Group real estate investment activities outside the Philippines;
- Former Managing Director of Singapore Telecom International from 1991-1995, leading and co-leading M & A and joint ventures in Asia and Europe;
- Began career in 1980 as an associate lawyer at Shearman & Sterling, New York. Involved in real estate acquisitions, finance, corporate transactions and international business structuring for US affiliates of foreign companies;
- BA Degree from Stanford University, U.S. and Juris Doctor Degree from Georgetown University, U.S.;
- Member of the New York State Bar (retired) and NYSBA; and
- Chairman of the Investment Committee, member of the Board of the General Partner, and alternate director (to Jonathan Umali) of the Board of ARCH.
Chief Operating Officer
- 23-year investment banking and capital markets veteran with international financial institutions including JP Morgan Chase, Citigroup, Chase Manhattan Bank and Standard Chartered Bank;
- Seasoned Asian debt capital markets professional with significant structuring and execution experience spanning a broad spectrum of activities and industries;
- Bachelor Degree in Economics and Political Science from Middlebury College, U.S.; and
- Member of the Board of ARCH and the Compliance and Audit Committee.
- Established ARCH Capital Shanghai office in 2010 and recruited local team, including project-level staffing. Current responsibilities principally focused on transaction origination and partner relationship management;
- Over 20 years’ experience in real estate investment and asset management;
- Former Managing Director of AIG Real Estate Asia and Head of Real Estate for Taiwan Nan Shan Insurance Company (an AIG affiliate) with responsibilities for the acquisition, execution and management of a US$1.3 billion real estate portfolio supported by a team of 40 professionals;
- Former head of Koo’s Group Overseas Real Estate Development with responsibilities for real estate investments and financing and Vice President of Bayshore Pacific Group business, M&A and strategic planning activities;
- Career commencement as banking professional with Citibank, Taiwan; and
- Undergraduate studies in Physics and Applied Sciences at Soochow University, Taiwan and graduate MBA studies at Fordham University, US.
Jonathan E. Umali
Director - Asset Management
- 19-year experience in real estate development and asset management in Asia encompassing acquisition, planning and development, portfolio project management, leasing, sales and marketing across product types;
- Former Vice President at Ayala Land’s subsidiary responsible for the middle- to upper-middle income residential and mixed-use business;
- Prior to joining Ayala Land, worked with the Chemoil Group (Singapore and California offices) and Equitable-PCI Bank (Manila);
- MBA Degree from the Asian Institute of Management, Philippines; Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering minor in Chemical Engineering, De La Salle University, Philippines; and
- Member of the Board of ARCH and the Investment Committee.
Director － Portfolio Management and Reporting
- Over 17 years’ experience in real estate investment, asset valuation and appraisal, asset management and disposal analyses;
- Former Investment Manager at AIG Real Estate (6 years) focused on fund and proprietary acquisition and divestment activities;
- Combined real estate investment transaction experience in excess of US$3.5 billion;
- CFA Charter-holder;
- Qualified Surveyor, the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) and the Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors (MHKIS); and
- Master Degree in Corporate Finance and Bachelor Degree in Real Estate (First Honors) from Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
Director – Investment & Asset Management (China)
- Joined September 2011;
- 11 years’ real estate investment/management experience in China, including 6 years’ private equity real estate investing through structured equity participations totaling over US$ 475 million across residential, retail, office and mixed-use asset classes; led/actively participated transactions totaling over 3 million sqm GFA;
- Former Vice President of Prax Capital with responsibilities for deal sourcing, investment analysis, evaluation, structuring, due diligence and underwriting;
- Former Manager of Sun Hung Kai Properties (Beijing Office) with business development responsibilities in Northern China;
- Career commencement as Management Trainee of Sun Hung Kai Properties (Hong Kong Headquarters); and
- Master Degree (Finance) from Guanghua School of Management, Peking University, China.
Chief Financial Officer
- Joined ARCH in August 2007;
- Over 9 years experience in private equity fund accounting, reporting and administration;
- Over 6 years experience in Accounting and Treasury at Hysan Development, a leading, publicly-listed Hong Kong property investment, management and development company;
- Member of HKICPA and ACCA fellowship;
- Master of Science Degree in Financial Analysis from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, and Bachelor of Business Administration in Accountancy (First Class Honors) from the City University of Hong Kong